The Navigator Program seeks to assist disengaged learners aged 12 to 17, to re-engage and actively work with them and their support networks to return them to education and training pathways.
Eligibility for the program:
- Student has less than 30% attendance rate of the previous school term (if enrolled in school);
- Are aged between 12 and 17;
- Either live or have most recently been enrolled in an education setting in our Navigator area.
The Murray Mallee LLEN Navigator program manages the area covering Swan Hill Rural City Council, Gannawarra and Buloke Shires.
Referrals can be received from schools, family, or community organisations.
The Murray Mallee LLEN Navigator program will work closely with local schools and communities. Learner supports and strategies will be identified in partnership with learners and their families.
The Navigator Program is one of the eight funded across Victoria as part of the Victorian Government Education State initiatives.
Four targets of Education State:
- Learning for Life;
- Happy, healthy and resilient kids;
- Breaking the Link;
- Pride and confidence in our kids.
Navigator Program will contribute to Breaking the Link.
If you know of a young person who would benefit from the Navigator Program, please contact our office or complete the Mallee Navigator Referral Form.
For further information about the program please contact our office by filling our your name and details below.